DATA PROTECTION POLICY
1) Why do we hold your data?
In order to process our training records and keep a record on our system we must obtain the following details for each candidate: name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, photograph, and date of training course. These details allow us identify each candidate and confirm training was completed with Height for Hire (Safety Training) Ltd.
2) How do we collect your data?
Your data is obtained during attendance on the training course. All candidates are asked to complete a Training Assessment Form which requires candidates name, address, date of birth, email address and company name/address if applicable. This data enables us to verify attendance of each candidate that completed a training course through Height for Hire (Safety Training) Ltd.
3) How long will we keep your data?
Training course paperwork is kept for the duration of the ticket (5 years) + 1 year. Paperwork is then shredded through a secure shredding facility onsite at the Height for Hire premises.
Online training records are kept on our system to verify each candidate that was trained with Height for Hire (Safety Training) Ltd.
4) Who has access to your data?
Course paperwork is kept in a secure filing area with controlled access. Online training records are only available to the Safety Training Administrators that process the data.
5) How do we use this information?
Candidate details are used to verify attendance on a training course with Height for Hire (Safety Training) Ltd. We may contact you to let you know when your ticket is due to expire.
6) How is this information shared?
Sometimes we share your information with third parties.
For example to:
- Confirm with a third party if you attended a course with Height for Hire (Safety Training) Ltd
- Clarify the attendance date/expiry date of your training with a third party
- If the training card or certificate is lost we can issue a cover letter to a third party that confirms attendance on a course
7) Your personal information rights
We can help you with:
- Accessing your personal information. You can ask us for confirmation of the personal information we hold. You can ask us about how we collect, share and use your personal information
- Updating and correcting your personal details
Restricting and objecting. You may have the right to restrict or object to us using your personal information
- Deleting your information (your right to be forgotten). You may ask us to delete your personal information
- When you contact us to ask about your information, we may ask you to identify yourself. This is to help protect your information
8) Making a complaint
If you have a complaint about the use of your personal information, please contact the Safety Training department on 01 6914008 and give us an opportunity to put things right as quickly as possible. If you wish to make a complaint you may do so in person, by telephone, in writing or by email. Please be assured that all complaints received will be fully investigated. We ask that you supply as much information as possible to help us resolve your complaint quickly.
9) Updates to this notice
We will make change to this notice from time to time, particularly when we change how we use your information, and change our technology and products.